We are always pleased to welcome groups and organisations for a visit to the Food Museum. By pre-booking your day out with your friends, family or society you can take advantage of our special group rates. We are also able to organise a guided tour for your group.
We suggest a minimum of three hours to visit, but recommend you allow more time if possible so you can fully enjoy the entire site and its buildings.
We are happy to arrange group visits at short notice, but we would prefer bookings to be placed at least seven days in advance if possible, so we can put any additional requirements into place before your visit.
Groups of 12 or more paying visitors are entitled to discounted entry:
- Adults: £13
- Concessions: £11
- Child: £8
- Guided Tours: £25 each
Your Group will receive:
- Discounted admission prices
- FREE all day coach parking
- Introductory talk on arrival
- FREE familiarisation visit for the group organiser
- Guided tours (additional fee)
- A visitor information site map on arrival
We have passenger buggies to assist group members with access needs or mobility issues. Please indicate on your group booking form this is something you’ll require so we are aware and will be able to assist on arrival. The buggies can provide a drop off and pick up service to various areas around the site. We also show wheelchair friendly routes around the museum on our guide map, and Abbot’s Hall is fully accessible with lifts and facilities.
We offer a selection of guided tours (pre-booked only) for groups. Tours last around 45 minutes and are tailored to your group’s needs and interests. For further information please contact us.
- Dairy Cottages, £50 – This is a unique opportunity to see and hear the stories of people who lived and worked on site. This intimate tour is charged at £50 due to floor loading issues which limit the numbers of visitors. Depending on numbers we may need to run multiple tours to accommodate all of your group. These tours need to be in the morning if your group booking is on a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, between 11:00 -12:00.
- Abbot’s Hall and Gardens Tour, £25 – a guided look around the Walled Garden and an insight into the history of Abbot’s Hall, the estate house built in 1709.
For groups who are planning to have lunch or an afternoon tea, look no further than onsite cafe Feast. Catering for larger groups can also be provided if booked in advance. For further details contact the cafe on 01449 672266.
For further information on educational and school visits, please see our Educational Visits section.
We have a coach entrance, available for pre-booked visits, which can be accessed at the end of Lockington Road, and a space where a coach can be parked all day. To find us with satnav use the postcode IP14 1BQ.
If you are booking a group visit, but are not arriving by coach you can park in the Iliffe Way long stay car park, which is £2.50 all day.
If anyone in your group has access needs or a blue badge we have a designated area for them on site, which can be reached by coming to the museum via the slip road next to Asda.